This part is probably the part which I’m most proud of as it was mainly my hubbies do. I gave him few ideas and he transformed those his way and we ended up having a great solution for the computer cord organization!
I wanted to have the desk as empty as possible and asked hubbie if the computer case could be put on the floor. I first thought it’d better to have it on some small, movable platform but it turned out that the case is so big, it couldn’t then fit under the table. And now it’s stable and still accessible.
On the desk we have the screen, mouse and keyboard, and a desk lamp. As I mentioned before, we removed the small drawers under the desk freeing the space for the chair (we both kept hitting our knee on the drawer corner, it was so annoying!).
But here comes the magic, how we hid the cords! We used an extension cord, wired it to the leg of the table with cable ties and attached to the other side of the table, on one of the desk frames. Then the hubbie stapled some wire conduit at the bottom of the table and directed the cords through it to the computer case. All the extra hanging cords were coiled and attached to the desk frame or behind the case.
I’m so proud of him, he did such a good job with this!
In the next and final part of this project I’ll show the finishing touches I made, meaning the decorative stuff 🙂