I actually made too much of the crust for the previous cake, so I made another small cake crust ready. Which was good since the first cake didn’t last to the next day! I also had the leftovers of the strawberries, so I made another similar cake to the white chocolate lime cake, just replaced the flavored quark with normal quark, melted the gelatine in lemon juice and added some vanilla sugar.
Ok, but not nearly as good as the previous cake!
VANILLA STRAWBERRY CAKE (small cake)
100 g cookies (digestive)
75 g butter
2 dl double cream
2 tsp vanilla sugar
200 g quark
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 gelatine leafs
- Crush the cookies and mix with melted butter, make a crust (use a cake tin where the edge is removable)
- Whip the cream with the vanilla sugar
- Add the quark
- Chop the strawberries and add carefully to the cream
- Soak the gelatine in cold water, and melt into the lemon juice
- Add the gelatine in to the cream mix, put it in the cake tin
- Let the cake settle down for few hours in the fridge
ps. it is so hot in here, 30 degrees every day without any rain! I love the summer but this is a bit too hot for all of us, the kids start to be really cranky too… If it would rain a bit it would refresh us all! Ok, I don’t want to complain, I guess this is better than last summer, it was raining, raining and raining (not that I had any holidays last year so I don’t even remember the summer, my mom told me this… 😀 ).