It’s been so hot in here that I haven’t wanted to heat the oven. But we needed to have something good and fresh with the coffee, so I made a cake, the kind I used to make a lot in the past. So I have the recipe burned in my brain cells.
WHITE CHOCOLATE LIME CAKE (small cake)
100 g cookies (I used digestive)
75 g butter
2 dl double cream
400 g quark (I used white chocolate with lime flavored)
3 gelatine leafs
- Crush the cookies and mix with melted butter, and make a crust on a cake tin (with removable edges)
- Whip the cream and add the quark, mix well
- Soak the gelatines for 10 min in cold water
- Squeeze the lime juice and melt the gelatine leafs in it, mix well into the whipped cream
- Pour the cream/quark mixture on the crust, make the top even and add fresh strawberries
- Let the cake settle down for few hours in the fridge
So good! I didn’t add any sugar since the flavored quark is quite sweet as itself and I wanted the cake be a bit sour. And fresh strawberries, yummy! I can’t wait for them getting a bit cheaper, or my own strawberries starting to produce some for us!