A friend of mine loves mushrooms so I had also a forest mushroom pie for the candle party. My mom makes the best mushroom pies so she made this one. She used a ready made crust (from the freezer) and mushrooms she has picked up last year and dried (Cantharellus tubaeformis, don’t know what it’s in English, in Finnish suppilovahvero).
She didn’t like the crust and said it was a total failure, but we all liked it. Though I do have to say, not as good as “a real” crust, but good enough!
FOREST MUSHROOM PIE
2 pinches of dried mushrooms
200 g sour cream
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Melt the crust (in room temperature)
- Soak the mushrooms in water
- Mix the mushrooms with the sour cream
- Add the egg and mix
- Add salt according your taste
- Spread the crust to the pie tin so that you have small edges on it
- Pour the mushroom mix on the crust
- Grate the cheese and add on top of the pie
- Bake for 35 min (or until the cheese gets color)