I hosted a candle party and needed to bake for that. The theme was flowers but I don’t have proper flower cookie cutter so I made butterflies and hearts. The recipe is the same I used for my first cookies (from Koristeelliset kakut issue 1) but instead of vanilla I used raspberry flavor (didn’t really taste, needs probably to be added more) and as usual, put only half amount of sugar.
I got so frustrated when I was royal icing the cookies, as usual I did not have the time to do everything in peace, and when you do something in a hurry… you know how it ends. So I was definitely not happy, the butterflies were (again) ugly as hell, at least the hearts were ok, though I had had in my mind to do some marble figures. But did not have the time.
Anyway, the cookies were for some reason better this time, don’t know why.
COOKIES (20 cookies)
125 g butter
0,75 dl sugar
1 tsp raspberry extract (or vanilla)
4 dl flour
- Mix the butter and sugar until foamy
- Add the egg and mix
- Add the flavor extract and mix
- Add the flour (through a shifter)
- Wrap the dough into a plastic and let settle down in a fridge for 30-60 min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Make cookies of your choice
- Bake for 15 min (mine were quite big and needed 20 min)
- Let cool down (over night)
- Prepare royal icing and pipe the icing, add other decorations if you wish
- Let dry (over night, mine were ok in few hours)