I asked my husband should we bake a cake, muffins or cookies, and out of nowhere our son came running “cookies! cookies!”. So we made some cookies for a change. Just basic cocoa cookies, recipe taken from the baking magazine Koristeelliset kakut (Cake decorating) issue 6. As usual, I put only half of the amount of sugar. But did not make these low-carb, I was not on the mood for that.
CHOCOLATE COOKIES (about 30 small cookies)
200 g butter
1,2 dl sugar
5,4 dl flour
1 dl cocoa powder
- Mix the butter and sugar until creamy
- Add the lightly whipped egg and mix well
- Add the flour and cocoa powder (through a shifter)
- Bake into a big ball, cover with plastic and let settle down in a fridge for an hour
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Make cookies
- Bake for 10 min
- Let cool down
I used the the cutters I mentioned before, I went to buy rest of those cute animals. These are definitely one of the best purchases I’ve ever made! The characters are so cute and look impressive, are easy to use and work well. I made the carrot cake as comfort food but these cookies totally saved my week!